Skip to main content

Just Say Yes!



If you're asking, the answer is yes. Yes, I have already blogged about this book. You can see that review, in the form of video blog, here.

Since I've already commented on this book, here's a bit more information from the publishers.


In The Gospel of Yes, Mike Glenn reveals God's most powerful word, which opens our eyes to everything he does. That word is YES. God said "yes" to creating a world for us to live in and "yes" to inviting us into a relationship with him. No matter what we face in life, the best way to live is captured in one word: yes.
I already told you about my good friends at Waterbrook Multnomah hooking me up with this book for review. But here is what I didn't mention the first time. They also offered to give me 4 books to give away once I had done so.

So I have 4 books to give away. You can thank Waterbrook Multnomah. You can also thank my wife, who agreed that we could afford the postage, should you live out of driving range for me to deliver.

If you want a copy, be among the first 4 to leave a comment on this post saying YES and your address (or send me an email with your address). And since my blog could use a bit more conversation, leave a comment on another post from the past couple of weeks. You could add something to the conversations I start. You could say something inspired. You could say something fueled by passion.

Or you could just say how much you like me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Facebook Maybe

Granted, I'm a pastor. I have Type-A tendencies. Ok, my tendencies border on freakish OCD behavior patterns, but... Few things bother me more than the Facebook 'maybe'. I suppose I could go on and on about the grey areas of our society and the refusal of people to accept absolute standards. I could discuss the great need of people to accept that what is wrong for one person is likely wrong for everyone. I should certainly be concerned about mentioning that someone might have sin in their life. But I don't believe the Facebook 'maybe' is quite sin. Perhaps if I were coming up with new sins, I would add this to the list. But alas... Some might think the Facebook 'maybe' did not exist prior to the Internet, but they would be wrong. When I was in high school and asked a girl out on a date, I would normally be told that if they had no other plans, if nobody else called them, if there was nothing good on television and their hair did not need washing, then per...

Accountable

I recently officiated a wedding. The ceremony was simple, lovely, and ended with another couple professing to keep the covenant of marriage. But it all started with a clarification...from me. At our first premarital counseling session, as I have done with every couple I have agreed to marry, I clarified a couple of matters. First, I officiate Christian weddings, where both spouses-to-be are professing Christians. I firmly believe that marriage is difficult enough, without adding disagreements about God into the mix. Second, as a minister of Jesus Christ, I believe the pastor’s role in a wedding is to represent the blessing of God on that union. So we have several sessions of premarital counseling where we discuss married life. It’s not that I have this imaginary card in my head, with a picture of me on the front and my stats on the back. (You know, like a baseball card.) Ok, I do picture cards. Pastor cards! And being a competitive guy, I want my stats to look good. The number of coupl...

But I Wanted It

As I've said before , I'm looking for a new place to do youth ministry. Job searching in itself can be a full time task. Unfortunately, no one is paying me to look for a job. And when you haven't had to find a job in 15 years, the whole experience can feel brand new. And nerve-wracking. And quiet. So very, very quiet. I may spend a few hours here and there sending out my resumes and writing cover letters. But the churches I'm sending my information to have their own timeline. And sometimes that timeline does not involve acknowledging my presence. Which is fine, especially if one of the churches I've applied to is reading this right now. I understand those looking for youth pastors will have their own agenda and their own timeline. But it leaves me sitting here with a deafening quiet around me. I am choosing to walk by faith through these days, picturing God working behind the scenes (always behind the scenes) and holding His voice very still, until He is re...