But I liked this list, because there is still a rebellious youth side of me that would like to put this on a flag and stake it somewhere in every church. Having this in a church wouldn't be so rebellious. Actually, it'd be a good reminder for everyone. The rebellious side would be thumbing my nose at everyone while saying yeahhhh.
That would be childish and immature of me, which is why I won't do that. Yet I will share the list, because it is a good reminder that Church is not about you or I. We don't serve God because of what we get. We serve God because He is worthy.
- Church will not always make you feel comfortable.
- Church will not be the answer to your every need.
- You will sometimes not like what happens at church.
- You might leave a service unhappy once in a while, particularly if you are seeing yourself in light of God's righteousness.
- If you are a single person, going to church will not guarantee you a spouse.
- Going to church will not guarantee that your children will not rebel.
- Going to church is not the answer to all your financial problems.
- You might not get along with everybody you meet at church.