Skip to main content

31 Days to Finding Your Blogging Mojo

Bryan Allain said he was looking for a few bloggers to review his book in time for its release on September 14. Always a sucker for humor and free books, I signed up. And Bryan delivered on both fronts.

31 Days to Finding Your Blogging Mojo is now my blogging Bible. And while Allain's book is shorter, much shorter, than the Bible, it did some of the same things to me as I read it. The Bible is a book that helps you to see yourself for who you really are. Likewise, 31 Days did the same thing for my blog.

The Bible brings about change. Or at least, it should. 31 Days will do the same things for my blog. Or, at least, that is my hope.

Bryan Allain slipped in so much funny that you almost forget he's trying to teach you something. My version of the book is an e-book. I almost bookmarked every page. It was that good!

When I say I like other books, you have to take my word for it. I may quote from it or discuss it for a while. With this book, my like will be shown through the changes that will be coming to my blog.

I may have the jump on you, but if you're interested at all in blogging, I would encourage you to pick up this book. It's a must-read for bloggers. You can get this book as a PDF at 31daystomojo.com or for Kindle at Amazon.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Facebook Maybe

Granted, I'm a pastor. I have Type-A tendencies. Ok, my tendencies border on freakish OCD behavior patterns, but... Few things bother me more than the Facebook 'maybe'. I suppose I could go on and on about the grey areas of our society and the refusal of people to accept absolute standards. I could discuss the great need of people to accept that what is wrong for one person is likely wrong for everyone. I should certainly be concerned about mentioning that someone might have sin in their life. But I don't believe the Facebook 'maybe' is quite sin. Perhaps if I were coming up with new sins, I would add this to the list. But alas... Some might think the Facebook 'maybe' did not exist prior to the Internet, but they would be wrong. When I was in high school and asked a girl out on a date, I would normally be told that if they had no other plans, if nobody else called them, if there was nothing good on television and their hair did not need washing, then per...

Accountable

I recently officiated a wedding. The ceremony was simple, lovely, and ended with another couple professing to keep the covenant of marriage. But it all started with a clarification...from me. At our first premarital counseling session, as I have done with every couple I have agreed to marry, I clarified a couple of matters. First, I officiate Christian weddings, where both spouses-to-be are professing Christians. I firmly believe that marriage is difficult enough, without adding disagreements about God into the mix. Second, as a minister of Jesus Christ, I believe the pastor’s role in a wedding is to represent the blessing of God on that union. So we have several sessions of premarital counseling where we discuss married life. It’s not that I have this imaginary card in my head, with a picture of me on the front and my stats on the back. (You know, like a baseball card.) Ok, I do picture cards. Pastor cards! And being a competitive guy, I want my stats to look good. The number of coupl...

But I Wanted It

As I've said before , I'm looking for a new place to do youth ministry. Job searching in itself can be a full time task. Unfortunately, no one is paying me to look for a job. And when you haven't had to find a job in 15 years, the whole experience can feel brand new. And nerve-wracking. And quiet. So very, very quiet. I may spend a few hours here and there sending out my resumes and writing cover letters. But the churches I'm sending my information to have their own timeline. And sometimes that timeline does not involve acknowledging my presence. Which is fine, especially if one of the churches I've applied to is reading this right now. I understand those looking for youth pastors will have their own agenda and their own timeline. But it leaves me sitting here with a deafening quiet around me. I am choosing to walk by faith through these days, picturing God working behind the scenes (always behind the scenes) and holding His voice very still, until He is re...