Skip to main content

Alone With A Jihadist




Brave.

If I were to write just one word about this book by Aaron D. Taylor, it would be 'brave'. Alone With a Jihadist takes a lot of assumed knowledge and turns it on its head.

After spending one day, alone in a room, with a Jihadist, Aaron's world is turned upside down. He goes in attempting to defend his worldview without starting a holy war, but comes away with more questions than answers.

Readers of his book will come away with both questions and answers. I must admit the biggest question addressed concerns how followers of Christ live out their dual citizenship. There is a Heavenly Kingdom and a nation here on Earth. And Aaron writes directly to American Christians, who likely rank high in those who confuse which citizenship card trumps the other one.

Expect a good discussion on various topics, as Aaron shifts seamlessly from Biblical teaching to current events. Check out the many links below. I was given this book for free from my friends at SpeakEasy. They ask that I talk about the book, but don't tell me what to say.

Aaron’s blog: http://www.aarondtaylor.blogspot.com/

Holy Wars documentary: full-length. This is powerful; you’ll almost certainly want to embed it in your post:http://youtu.be/WpmCHHxvH7M

Evangelicals for Peace Facebook Page:https://www.facebook.com/evangelicalsforpeace

Registration for Evangelicals for Peace Summit:http://www.peace-catalyst.net/evangelicals-for-peace

Alone with a Jihadist paperback link:http://amzn.to/QNVH95

Alone with a Jihadist Kindle link: http://amzn.to/ORji5W

Bulk orders: Invite your readers to order a case! (If you want) Upper-right hand corner here:http://www.aarondtaylor.blogspot.com

#SpeakeasyJihad   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Facebook Maybe

Granted, I'm a pastor. I have Type-A tendencies. Ok, my tendencies border on freakish OCD behavior patterns, but... Few things bother me more than the Facebook 'maybe'. I suppose I could go on and on about the grey areas of our society and the refusal of people to accept absolute standards. I could discuss the great need of people to accept that what is wrong for one person is likely wrong for everyone. I should certainly be concerned about mentioning that someone might have sin in their life. But I don't believe the Facebook 'maybe' is quite sin. Perhaps if I were coming up with new sins, I would add this to the list. But alas... Some might think the Facebook 'maybe' did not exist prior to the Internet, but they would be wrong. When I was in high school and asked a girl out on a date, I would normally be told that if they had no other plans, if nobody else called them, if there was nothing good on television and their hair did not need washing, then per...

Accountable

I recently officiated a wedding. The ceremony was simple, lovely, and ended with another couple professing to keep the covenant of marriage. But it all started with a clarification...from me. At our first premarital counseling session, as I have done with every couple I have agreed to marry, I clarified a couple of matters. First, I officiate Christian weddings, where both spouses-to-be are professing Christians. I firmly believe that marriage is difficult enough, without adding disagreements about God into the mix. Second, as a minister of Jesus Christ, I believe the pastor’s role in a wedding is to represent the blessing of God on that union. So we have several sessions of premarital counseling where we discuss married life. It’s not that I have this imaginary card in my head, with a picture of me on the front and my stats on the back. (You know, like a baseball card.) Ok, I do picture cards. Pastor cards! And being a competitive guy, I want my stats to look good. The number of coupl...

But I Wanted It

As I've said before , I'm looking for a new place to do youth ministry. Job searching in itself can be a full time task. Unfortunately, no one is paying me to look for a job. And when you haven't had to find a job in 15 years, the whole experience can feel brand new. And nerve-wracking. And quiet. So very, very quiet. I may spend a few hours here and there sending out my resumes and writing cover letters. But the churches I'm sending my information to have their own timeline. And sometimes that timeline does not involve acknowledging my presence. Which is fine, especially if one of the churches I've applied to is reading this right now. I understand those looking for youth pastors will have their own agenda and their own timeline. But it leaves me sitting here with a deafening quiet around me. I am choosing to walk by faith through these days, picturing God working behind the scenes (always behind the scenes) and holding His voice very still, until He is re...